Self-proclaimed 'power ambient' duo Sunn O))) was formed by guitarist Stephen O’Malley and bassist Greg Anderson in the mid 90s, and since then, the band have explored the possibilities of sonic and emotional reward via thundering and increasingly more adventurous drones. Recently, Sunn O))) put their entire catalogue up on Bandcamp, and over the next few months I'm going to look at every release. Call it my 'Sunn O))) Monoliths and Opinions' project, or call it a fan biting off far more than he can chew. Whatever the case, here we go... unto the breach my friends; I hope to see you on the other side.
|Photos by Alejandro Juárez / Solo Rock!|
- The Grimmrobe Demos (1999).
- ØØ Void (2000).
- Flight of the Behemoth (2002).
- White1 (2003).
- White2 (2004).
- Black One (2005).
- Monoliths & Dimensions (2009).
- Altar (2006).
- The Iron Soul Of Nothing (2009).
- Dømkirke (2008).
- Sunn O))) Live (Collected).
- The Rehearsal Demo (2012), Oracle (2007), and Angel Coma (2006).
- Che (2009), Candlewolff ov Thee Golden Chalice (2005), Cro-Monolithic Remixes for an Iron Age (2004), and compilation appearances.
- Sunn O))) & Ulver - Terrestrials (2014).
- LA Reh 012 (2014).
- Live Archives.
|Photo by Alejandro Juárez / Solo Rock!|
Part 13 was the end of the original Monoliths and Opinions series. But 2014 has seen more thundering Bandcamp releases by Sunn O))), and we dutifully continue.
Cheers to (L) LORD <------>SOMA (R)